Hey, it's not nice to point!
Do you like my UFOs?
Music reviews, editorials, gear reviews for the guitarist/bass player, journal entries, advice, funny crazy stuff and more. Updated roughly 2-3 times a week.
Bazooka-Joe's Incoherent Ramblings

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pod X3 Live: Settings for Acoustics w/UST Pickups (live to a PA)

Setup
Before I started I made sure my onboard EQ for the Taylor guitar was flat and the EQ-ing on the channel was flat as well. I strung a very long quarter inch instrument cable from the stage to the the midpoint of the sanctuary (middle/center of a big room) to the Pod X3 Live unit where I was sitting. I then strung a very long XLR cable from the Pod X3 Live unit to the snake in the back of the room and listened to the FOH mains. I killed the monitors and I made sure I could not hear the acoustic properties of the guitar over the mains. I then had my buddy stand on stage and play different types of music, fingerstyle, arpeggios with a pick, light strumming, heavy strumming, palm mutes, etc while I tweaked settings on the Pod from where I sat. I set the Pod Master Volume to maximum and tweaked tone volumes as appropriate. "Live Out Level" was set to "Line" not AMP and "Ground Lift" was set to GND.

Preset:
And here's what I came up with. Hope this helps somebody else out there!

AMP: Line 6 Super Clean
CAB: 4x12 '01 Treadplate
MIC: '67 Condensor
ROOM: 30%

--Amp EQ--
BASS: 80%
MID: 31%
TREBLE: 60%
PRES: 9%
DRIVE: 16%
VOL: 100%

STOMP: n/a

MOD: Sine Chorus (off by default)
--Chorus Settings--
SPEED: 0.61Hz
TAP: Off
TEMPO: 150bpm
MIX: 41%
PRE Config

DELAY: Stereo Delay (off by default)
--Delay Settings--
TIME: 400ms
TAP: Off
TEMPO: 150bpm
MIX: 30%
L-FDBK: 38%
R-FDBK: 50%
OFFSET: 67%
POST Config

REVERB: Dark Hall (on by default)
--Reverb Settings--
PREDLY: 50%
DECAY: 50%
TONE: 50%
MIX: 29%

Noise Gate: Off/unconfigured

COMPRESSOR: on by default
--Compressor Settings--
THRESH: -9db
GAIN: 3db

EQ: on by default
--EQ Settings--
LO GN: Flat @ 260Hz
LM GN: -3.4db @ 310Hz
HM GN: +1.8db @ 1.8kHz
HI GN: -1.0db @ 2.90kHz


Regards!

:Bazooka-Joe

Bazooka-Joe made it so at 4:40 PM

1 Comments: