Hey, it's not nice to point!
Do you like my UFOs?
Music reviews, editorials, gear reviews for the guitarist/bass player, journal entries, advice, funny crazy stuff and more. Updated roughly 2-3 times a week.
Bazooka-Joe's Incoherent Ramblings

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Birthday Slothfulness

I've always loved the word "sloth". Sure, it's one of the seven deadly sins, and yeah it's the name of a critter with three toes that lives in Australia, but long before I knew that it basically means 'laziness' it was the name of that oh so lovable character from the timeless classic "Goonies".
OK, so I was really just looking for any reason I could find to post a picture of Sloth on my blog. "Sloth love Chunk" definitely ranks in my top ten for all-time movie quotes. Anyway, today is Google's 7th birthday and tomorrow is my 26th birthday. I'm not celebrating or anything. The iPod I bought myself in July was my birthday present (but check out my wishlist in my profile if you're feeling like getting me a little something). In the mean time, I found a lovely blog on the ten worst album covers of all time that I’m recommending people check out in lieu of my blog for the rest of the week. I love saying "in lieu". I always think of Ferigno and the Hulk.

Bazooka-Joe made it so at 7:07 AM

6 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2005 1:11 PM, Blogger Dan added:

    LOL, that's funny. Your birthday has kicked your "Way Back Machine" into overdrive this week. Who would have guessed that movie would become such a classic!? :-) |  

  • At September 27, 2005 2:37 PM, Blogger Daniel added:

    Niiiicceee. |  

  • At September 27, 2005 2:39 PM, Blogger Daniel added:

    Did I mention that the "Joyce" Album rocks? |  

  • At September 28, 2005 9:25 AM, Blogger Dan added:

    Mike and I laughed so hard at those album covers. I couldn't BELIEVE how much better they progressivly got. The Minister's Quartet was so funny. :-D but that #2 Zip-Zap-Rap had to be the best. That sounds like the kind of guy who appeared as a celebrity on Kids Incorporated. |  

  • At September 28, 2005 5:10 PM, Blogger Pecadillo added:

    Happy birthday, dude.

    When I saw Lord of the Rings: return of the king, I couldn't help but notice that the bigger-than-average-orc that dies in that big battle looks just like Sloth. I wanted so bad to yell out, "Hey you guuuuuys!" whenever he came on camera, unfortunately, the role of disturbing audience member had already been filled (see my post about stupid people).

    My word is 'mipezsgo' which is of course an Italian soup made from Pez. |  

  • At September 28, 2005 7:24 PM, Blogger Michael added:

    Hey, Happy Birthday!

    That 10 worst album covers link was pretty darn funny! I wonder how they came up with the album name for The Minister's Quartet? |